Digital Download of .wav & .mp3 files (~250MB)
All of these songs are more than 90 years old but they're still "standards" for many people. Most are from the decade of the first world war, the corresponding decade in the 20th Century to the one we're living in now.
I feel like I've known them all my life, they feel like they're part of me. But I know that I'm a bit odd and I hope you enjoy being introduced to those you don't know as well as those that are more familiar.
1. Sister Kate, Clarence Williams and Armand Piron, 1919 01:39
2. Carolina in the Morning, Gus Kahn and Walter Donaldson, 1922 01:12
3. After You've Gone, Turner Layton and Henry Creamer, 1918 01:57
4. The Trail of the Lonesome Pine, Ballard McDonald and Harry Carroll, 1913 01:25
5. Baby, Won't You Please Come Home?, Charles Warfield and Clarence Williams, 1919 03:13
6. Curse of an Aching Heart, Henry Fink and Al Piantadosi, 1913 01:11
7. For Me and My Gal, George W. Meyer, Edgar Leslie, and E. Ray Goetz, 1917 01:21
8. Down Among the Sheltering Palms, Abe Olman, James Brockman and Leo Wood, 1914 01:30
9. Careless Love, Traditional 02:49
10. My Melancholy Baby, Ernie Burnett and George A Norton, 1912 02:35
Posted on December 12, 2016